Journey back in time as you explore Cambodia and Vietnam, from the artistry of ancient architecture to the stunning landscapes carved and preserved with time. This 12 days custom tailored tour will allow you to find the magnificence and charm of Cambodia and Vietnam.
TOUR CODE: 12D-VN/CAM
PLACES VISIT: Siem Reap - Phnom Penh - Saigon - My Tho (Bentre) - Hoian - Hanoi
- Siem Reap(3 nights)
- Phnom Penh(1 night)
- Saigon(2 nights)
- Hoian(3 nights)
- Hanoi(2 nights)
Day 1: Arrive in Siem Reap, Half Day Angkor Wat, Cambodia
– Your memorable Indochina tour to Cambodia and Vietnam will start from discovering the fantastic world heritage temples in Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia. Upon arrival in Siem Reap, you will be welcomed by your private local guide from IndochinaTour.Com at the airport then escorts to hotel.
– After check in and a short rest, your private guide will lead you to discover the world’s wonder site and the pride of Cambodia—Angkor Wat, the magnificent temple was built in 12th century and it is the largest first Hindu, Buddhist temle complex and the largest religious monument in the world.
– On your way back to Siem Reap, enjoy the sunset from the top of the pyramid-shaped temple of Pre Rup.
Day 2: Full Day Angkor Thom & Ta Prohm Temple
– After breakfast, the cool weather and less traffic is perfect for you to travel in a Tuk Tuk to visit the ancient city Angkor Thom which was the last and most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. The tour in Angkor Thom will start from the South Gate and walk along the ancient city wall to see the lost temple of Prasat Chroung, then continue to the Bayon temple where you will be surrounded by 216 gigantic stone faces which fame as “smile of Angkor”. You will also visit the Terrace of the Elephants, the Royal Palace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
– When weather gets hot, your driver will pick you up and you can enjoy air-condition and cold drinks inside your private car while being transferred to Temple of Ta Prohmwhich, widely known as “lost to the jungle temple”.
– Rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 3: Full Day Tonle Sap Lake, Kompong Phluk
– In the morning, take a half day excursion to the biggest Southeast Asia’s largest fresh water lake—Tonle Sap Lake. You will firstly enjoy a fun ox cart ride through the countryside, continue to have a boat trip to enjoy the beautiful lake view and mangrove forest on the lake, then spend rest of the morning at the largest village on the lake which is called Kompong Phluk, to discover the fascinating daily lives of the local people who leave on the water.
– Rest of the day is at leisure for you to relax.
Day 4: Flight to Phnom Penh, Half Day City Tour
– Enjoy the morning at leisure until transfer to airport for the flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia capital.
– Upon arrival in Phnom Penh, you will meet our local guide at the airport then be transferred to hotel. After check in hotel and a short rest, you will visit the National Museum where you will see the large collection of Khmer history, arts and architecture. Then visit the Royal Palace where the Khmer royal family leaves.
– Rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 5: Flight to Saigon
– Today your will depart from Phnom Penh, Cambodia and continue your Indochina tour to Vietnam for the unique culture and stunning natural beauty. Enjoy relaxing time in the morning until transfer to airport for onward flight.
– Upon arrival Saigon, you will meet your local guide in Saigon and being transferred to the hotel.
– In the evening, enjoy a welcome dinner on the cruise ship sailing along the Saigon River where you will enjoy the beautiful night scenery of Saigon.
Day 6: Full Day My Tho (Bentre)—Discover Mekong Delta
– Enjoy a full day tour from Saigon to My Tho to discover the Mekong River Delta, which is well-known as the ‘rice bowl’ of Vietnam. Enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields.
– Upon arrival in My Tho, we first visit Vinh Trang Pagoda. Take a leisurely boat ride along the river, enjoy the view of the stilt houses and the fruit plantation and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise Island and have lunch in the orchard.
– Afternoon, we continue taking a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre and enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shadow of the water coconut. Have a short cycling trip (applied for private tour/if time permitted), then enjoy seasonal fruit & honey tea while listening to “Southern Vietnamese folk music”, performed by locals. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste the delicious coconut candy & observe the pastoral life as you roam through the fruit plantation and village.
– Late afternoon, come back saigon city and check in your hotel (Hotel booked by clients)
Day 7: Half Day Saigon City Tour, Flight to Hoian
– In the morning, you will visit the Cu Chi Tunnel to see the complicate tunnel system the Vietnamese built in the war time.
– In the afternoon, drive back to the city and visit the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Saigon Pot Office, the Chinatown of the city with the Emperor Jade Pagoda (Phuoc Hai).
– Fly to Danang and check in hotel in Hoian. Upon arrive in Hoian, you will be pick up by your private local guide and driver and transfer you to hotel.
– Overnight in Hoian.
Day 8: Full Day Hoian–Relax on Beach
Enjoy whole day free at leisure and relax on the beautiful beach of Hoian.
Day 9: Full Dau My Son Holy Land & Hoian Ancient Town
– Visit the My Son Holy Land in the morning to discover the ruined temple which was built in the 4th century. When drive back to Hoian, visit the historical Hoian Ancient Town including the colorful local market, the Tan Ky Old House, Fukien Assembly Hall and the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge. You can also visit the local residents raising silkworms and producing silk for Hoi An’s burgeoning textile industry.
– In the evening, the local people will hang up the red lanterns, it will give you the feeling of traveling back to ancient time.
Day 10: Flight to Hanoi, Water Puppet Show
– Enjoy the morning free on your own to be relax. In the afternoon, fly to Hanoi in the afternoon.
– Upon arrival in Hanoi, our guide will pick you up from airport and escort you to hotel.
– In the evening, enjoy a Water Puppet Show which to enjoy the unique culture of Vietnam.
– Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 11: Full Day Halong Bay Cruise
Full day excursion to Halong Bay to discover the world’s natural wonder. Once at Halong Bay City, you will be welcomed on board for a four-hour cruise on the stunning bay. Stop along the way to visit one of the limestone caves in the area. As you are cruising, the boat crew will serve you a sumptuous local seafood lunch. After 4 hours, you will sail back to the harbor, rejoin car, and head back to your hotel for another night staying in Hanoi.
Day 12: Half Day Hanoi City Tour, Departure from Hanoi
– In the morning, you will enjoy a half day city tour for some highlights of Hanoi. Visit the Hoan Kiem Lake, the One Pillar Pagoda, Temple of Literature and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and his former residence (close on Monday, Friday and the whole of Oct. and Nov.).
– In the afternoon, transfer to airport for your homeward flight.
When you plan your trip with us, you’ll be in the safe hands of one of our specialists throughout.
1Submit the Itinerary
Feel free to check out the itineraries on our website and find one itinerary which is matched with your travel plan and interest.
Then fill out the form on the right side of your itnerary page and click the submit button. After that, you can get to the next step.
2Speak to a Specialist
Speak to one of our specialist with your personal interest, travel plan and budget. We will answer your questions and offer suggestions sincerely.
After you are clear about your trip, and if you are ready, we will start plan your trip in detail according to your requirement anytime you want.
3Plan & refine
Your personal specialist will carefully design your trip into a detailed itineray with country facts, maps, accommodation, facsinating photos and a price.
And we will keep perfecting your itinerary until you’re totally satisfied and ready to book, at which point you pay your deposit.
4Enjoy your Trip
After your booking, you can call your specialist with any last questions about your trip and we will give you a call a few days before your travel time.
If you have any problems during your trip, you can feel free to contact us, we will try our best to solve for you. Just hope you can enjoy your tour.